Thursday, May 14, 2009

Iunge Te Parti Atri...



I have a student whom I'm tutoring in Latin. He approached me a couple of months ago and asked to learn the language, as he was applying to begin pre-med this coming Fall, and pretty much figured that he wasn't going to have time to study Latin once that had begun. I agreed to teach him, and so we meet a couple of evenings a week at the coffee shop in the downtown public library, and are making our way gently through Wheelock's Latin. He's quite quick on the uptake, and I definitely got the impression that he was enjoying himself.

Turns out that impression was correct. He announced to me last week that he has been accepted... to begin a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in Classical Languages. Take that, medical profession! Your are powerless in the face of the almighty Latin!

Heh. Heh. Heh.